Always cute nuvvu...

I Love You, Shalini... \(^_^)/ Heart-shaped Rose... For you Shalu Shalu... Yay! Woohoo!...

"...Pretending to be so strong, knowing everything around is so wrong; Oh Love! What is taking you so long?!..."

The more I resist to kneel, the higher my soul soars...
-rPhoenix

Belief hope

I believe! So, I do; I hope! So, I live...
-rPhoenix

Feed Attitude

Feed people with Attitude and seek pleasure when they attain Altitude...
-rPhoenix

Dream quote

I have let my dream take me too far, that I choose to remain there forever...
-rPhoenix

Be Young

Don't be younger than tomorrow; Be younger than yesterday...
-rPhoenix

Promise

Life is worth the struggle if we live for the Promises we make instead of the Compromises we make...
-rPhoenix

What

I'd rather be known for what I live for than what I live as...
-rPhoenix

Today's world

If you are not armed, you will be harmed...
-rPhoenix

It's not over until I WIN...

I am obsessed...

We Believe, Bubbles \(^_^)/

Monday, 19 December 2011

What are you cribbing here for?...

Unmindful of what i was about to witness, i agreed to accompany this dude (who had just returned from his academic stint at the United Kingdom) for a night show movie. I did not even know what movie it was, what time it was and neither was i bothered to know about it. I just got into his car. We took a pleasant drive along the empty lanes and the finally as a group of 4 we headed to buy the tickets. I am not the one who visits cineplexes quite often. Hardly do i get attracted to normal flicks. But, if there's any flick that makes headlines, i would head for it and watch it. This time, i wanted a break. I wanted to relax. All i wanted is to get out of my house and be out for sometime. In the days that had went past, recent ones had news, online updates and articles about degrading women in movies, lyrics of movie songs and so on. I could make out that it was true due to the disturbing and irritating lyrics of a new single from a movie which was more degrading stuff for men than women. I say, not all women are bad. In fact, except for the b**ch category, every other woman deserves due respect for their tolerance levels, determination and will power which lacks seriously with men at the most demanding situations.

Well, the song thankfully had the term "soup boys" which saved other sane men from further damage. Not every f**king human belonging to the gender "male" ends up with a glass and scotch. Liqour is for the losers. Those self-destructive a**holes. Not for sane and real men. Alcohol is for those who want to dissolve their balls in life. 

Hmmm... coming back to the movie which i was about to watch, it was "mayakkam enna". I heard about the movie and the idea that i had was, it was directed by a freaky person Selvaraghavan whose movies i detested the most. I never watched a single flick even if it was to be telecasted on television. Tonight, it was different. I had no choice. Though i had packed my PSP well in advance (just in case the flick was a lullaby), i had left it in the car. I was so much praising myself for my increasing intelligence levels pertaining to bringing the PSP only to leave it in the car. We took our seats and the movie was about to start. It was too cold outside so i chose to sit and watch whatever was being played. The movie began playing and for the first half hour, i was obviously accepting everything that was talked about Selvaraghavan. Later, i lost these complaining thoughts. As the character in the movie kept repeating a particular dialogue "Ennamo seri illaye"(Meaning: Something is not right) in a couple of occasions. It was true. The movie had begun impacting me. I was lost in the story and was waiting for the plot to unfold. My imagination as ever ran wild that i found it difficult to handle both watching the movie and controlling my thoughts. 

The first half portrayed just the typical happenings of everyday life amongst youngsters and say, today's generation. I had no regrets nor complaints of anything being overdone or neither did i find anything degrading women. Afterall, what matters here is even if there's something degrading women, in today's world if it exists, there's no point complaining or cribbing about it. And, rather it is better to accept it and move on. Few organisations or people against billions would obviously take a million years to bring about the change which no individual in today's world is ready to take up as against earning big money and living a hi-fi life. Later on, as the movie caught up with the life of a woman shaping according to the whims and fancies of a drunk b**tardly, psychologically affected, loser husband, i started to respect the movie as it showed exactly what happens to the life of a woman irrespective of all the blah- blah... bulls**t stories or imaginations or wishes or dreams or desires of a woman. The way the movie portrays the character of women belonging to varied categories like show-off(the hero's sister who forgets what she was before and after settling with big money) and the victimised woman(the heroine who is finally described as the iron lady by the hero himself), the friends(just a general outlook about how spinsters turn into family girls and friends for life). 

Going by just the lyrics of the songs is like a blind person trying to figure out the colour of a flower by just inhaling its fragrance. For all those who crib and complaint about this movie and talk endlessly about women being degraded, and To get to the real theme and the message from the movie, just f**king get your a**es moving to the theatre playing this movie and find yourself enlightened for heaven's holy sake. Don't warm your seats and heat up sane minds who've put so much hardwork to showcase the life of a typical modern day Indian woman in a 3 hour flick keeping in mind the kind of entertainment required to keep your a**es glued to the seat and make you attain sanity in the due course. 

Personally, the movie meant a lot to me. The song "pirai thedum iravile" was from a different world, a world where emotions rule. I saw the movie. I came back home. Couple of weeks later, i watched it again just to experience the song again at a better cineplex with better sound effects. Men avoid this flick because they can't digest about how women actually take the pain but yet manage to be and do good to a man(here, husband would be the perfect term). While women, as they always want make-up for themselves to hide their darskspots, aging signs n stuff don't prefer this movie because this movie lacks that make-up and shows the real colour of women in the limelight. Though everyone including me wants upliftment for women, and though every woman dreams of how her life should be and desires endlessly blindfolding them, the time when they face the truth, it more or less looks like this very much in today's Indian scenario especially after the emergence of smoking, drinking, flirting, sex-friendly aspects have become the criterion for branding, choosing and accepting men by women. I do not blame or accuse or categorise those sane men and women who just rose a little from their chairs. I am talking about the majority of insane and partly ignorant minds that remains spellbound by these aspects from the western world.

If i had chosen, i would have made several posts but i wanted to stuff everything within this post. This is the true world. I choose sanity and i have been kicked and stabbed but in the end, i know i will emerge or say, exist or last longer than those insane irritants. signing off, this is your r_Phoenix...!- Never ends up self-destructing...

well, I have plans to watch the movie again for that song!!! ;-) I attach something for all of you to see and learn. For those who are learned, this is just your words maybe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment