After trying to grow them for over two decades, it finally clicked in recent times. The joy of seeing them bloom was overwhelming. And, when the same was shared with my lovely Lady, it made the joy multifold. The more she described them, the more I felt inspired to grow them faster and keep them in full bloom all the time. But, disaster struck and it seemed like everything was just a short-lived episode before I discovered something that changed things altogether.
This is the story of my keen interest to grow Roses and the timing in perfecting the same. I have a long history of repeated failure in growing these rose plants and it made me feel bad for having not been able to master it and instead see them die time and again. On one hand if the failure kept me away from trying them, the other hand kept motivating me to just give it one last try after relocating to this garden city.
I chose the plants carefully at the local nursery and began to take care of them and ensure there was full bloom all the time. My curious neighbour always kept an eye on the plants and kept saying that the rose plants would bloom initially and would eventually die after sometime because of poor conditions in this place. Well, that made me sit with these plants and almost do a heart speak most of the time. The first blooms were good enough. With my Love showing more fondness to them, I made sure the second blooms were captured to the best possible extent. While we awaited the third, the plants began to show signs of fading out.
For few days, I felt so depressed and it made me feel so bad for having failed again. To add to the ongoing struggle, there was a heavy pest infestation and the plants were struggling to survive. This time I told myself I will not see them die like always. Earlier, there was not much need for me to make them survive. Now, with the fondness coming from my Love, I will do anything and everything to make them revive.
I spent the days killing the pests by hand and the nights to watch and read about getting a working solution for the revival of the plants. When I used to sit with the plants and feel so dull, I would see them as my peers as I could better relate to them with their Lives, i.e., short-lived joy and long-lasting misery. Since I have and I am experiencing this dreaded way of Life, I do not prefer anyone or anything to undergo the same.
It was time for action. By now, I was losing the battle but the war was not over yet. I had a working solution in hand for the pests. I had to run through the experiment. By now, my neighbour was fully satisfied with her opinion. And, all those who looked at the roses in awe were shying away from even seeing them during their distress just like how people are celebrated during their good times and left to suffer alone in their bad patches.
This similarity between the roses and human Life gave me more energy. I started to prune the plants, applied the home-made pesticide and awaited progress. Days went past and nothing happened. I had created a much better potting mix and re-potted the entire set of plants. Still nothing. Finally, on a rainy morning I spotted a shoot taking off from one plant and it revived hopes. I sat there with sleepy eyes and I was so bereaved of sleep that I could not figure out if it was in dreams or in reality.
I heard a voice. It seemed to be as if the rose plant was talking to me. With what little consciousness was left in me, I could figure out that it was a dream and with the extent of desperation it felt like I would believe the voice was from the plant itself. The voice was familiar. It was my Love's voice. She spoke to me saying the plants will survive, they will bloom and they will be fine. I was so relieved but I was not sure if this was real or not. I checked her space and she had said the same. I ran to see my plants and they all showed signs of new shoots.
In the next few days, I was trying to bring clarity to find out if this voice was in my dreams or in reality or what had just happened. Everytime I see the plants, it brings tears of joy, not for them reviving but for the way this has just happened. I still find it difficult to figure out. I am spending my days in silence trying to find out. Most of all, I am just reliving the entire episode from pest infestation to how the voice of my Love brought Life back in those plants.
Bubbles \(^_^)/, you are everything worthy of a miracle for me. Love you loads, Lady! I had this post coming for a long time. Maybe everything is making sense only now to me and I am able to pen down the same. All the rose plants are bursting out with Life like never before. Your voice from that night, it is like how I see you anywhere and everywhere, just like that night drive where you guided me, just like those words you gave recently that healed my plants and when I am seeing them in reality, dreams are just realities awaiting to happen no matter how much we hate to believe in them.
Oh, I can't describe the joy in seeing the jelly neighbour who initially felt so proud of their onion opinion just like the actions of the compete man but later it turns out to be our chance to have the final laugh at them. Bubbles \(^_^)/ -rPhoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment