Two consecutive weekends and i had made trips to temples i was advised to visit during this year. Now, it was a dull monday as ever. I was online checking my updates. I was recollecting the temples and the visits. I could see what i was before, during and after the visits. I wanted more. I wanted to know more about the temples and remaining temples and their significances. Other than Jupiter and saturn transitions, i came to know that Rahu and Kethu are also equal contributing factors to good or bad for a person when they transit. The rahu-kethu transition had taken place in june 2011. Now, i could put all the pieces together. This year has had Guru peyarchi, Rahu-kethu peyarchi and two eclipses and all happening from may 5 to june 6. That is when everything ran amock in my life. And, none of these transitions were in favour to me. May 7th, i celebrated her b'day in advance fearing the worst and i thank god for having given me that moment in advance.
Monday afternoon and i felt i should pack my kit and start the next morning. I had chosen the places. But, i decided to leave everything to the almighty's hands to complete the journey successfully. I had google maps, routes, temples, locations, distance, gps, network availability, transport options, travel time, and everything i needed to make my best effort at trying to make it a successful trip. By evening, as mom came home, i told here that i would leave by 2 a.m the next morning and that i had planned to visit quite few temples around kumbakonam.
As planned, i started by 2a.m. I walked couple of kilometres before taking an auto-rickshaw to reach the bus station. Yes, at 2 a.m, dogs bark, you feel the chill while walking past graveyards and the lonely walk through the deserted streets certainly sounds spooky. But, i had a vision. I chose to stick to it. Visit the temples and return home.
As planned, i started by 2a.m. I walked couple of kilometres before taking an auto-rickshaw to reach the bus station. Yes, at 2 a.m, dogs bark, you feel the chill while walking past graveyards and the lonely walk through the deserted streets certainly sounds spooky. But, i had a vision. I chose to stick to it. Visit the temples and return home.
Lord Kethu Bhagvan
Kethu temple entrance
By 3a.m, i took a bus to kumbakonam. I was told that Keezhperumpallam was nearer from myiladuthurai. Hence, i got down there and took a bus to Keezhperumpallam- Kethu Bhagvan shrine. Keezhperumpallam was half hour drive. But, i was completely new to this place and i had to stick to my GPS to keep track. The person next to me soon engaged me in a conversation and assured me to guide me to the temple. As soon as i alighted, i began walking towards the temple which was 2kms from the highway. The morning sun, the evergreen paddy fields, the tributaries of kaveri river, the cattle and the serenity gave me a refreshing feel. I reached the temple. It was 9.25a.m. It was a Tuesday. The yama kandam or the time when Kethu bhagvan rules the day was from 9-10.30a.m. Which means, i was right on time for the special puja at the temple. It was something happened accidentally and something that i did not plan. This was a pleasant surprise for me. Indeed, it made me smile at the very moment i came to know this. I paid for the puja, lit up 7 lamps and after the abhishekam and decorations were done, i performed another archana and went on to seek the blessings of the presiding deities of the temple- Lord Naganathaswamy and Soundaryanaki. The acquaintance during the bus travel told me that Lord Bhudhan temple was 5kms from here and i could make a visit. This temple is an add-on to the list i had made.
Lord Bhudhan
The huge temple's entrance
Lord Bhudhan temple was located at Thiruvengadu. I managed to reach the temple before noon and went on to seek darshan. This temple had 3 huge tanks within the walls and it looked to house an ancient city in it. The temple premises was so big that i couldn't help avoid getting assistance in finding the deities within the temple. I performed an archana to Lord Bhudhan and lit 25 lamps and went on to seek darshan from the presiding deities- Lord Swetaranyeswarar and Bhrama Vidya Nayaki. I spent few minutes walking around the temple and was totally lost in the architectural beauty of the place. It was time for the temple to be locked for the afternoon. I decided to make my journey towards the remaining temples in my list.
Lord Rahu Bhagvan
The temple entrance
I skipped lunch and visited this temple. Now, i had time till 4p.m(all temples in and around kumbakonam are locked from noon to 4p.m) to reach the next temple. My next temple was Thirunageswaram. I called up mom to convey her my location and give an update. Boy! I was so happy to inform her about the coincidence of making it to the temple for the special puja. By 4p.m, i managed to reach Thirunageswaram- Rahu bhagvan shrine. Which means, i was there right on time for the Rahu kalam special puja. I hurried towards the counter to collect my token for the puja and joined the line. The special puja during rahu kaalam was so good. It made me feel so special for the first time during this year. I had many problems back at home. But, visiting temples was like dropping off the excessive stress at the almighty's feet and i began to feel more and more relaxed and calm. I could find my inner peace slowly and steadily. I regained my lost confidence. I went on to seek darshan from the presiding deities- Lord Naganathaswamy and Pirainuthalanai Amman. It was 5p.m by then. I called home and informed the amazing coincidences. I was overflowing with joy. Mom advised me to visit Oppiliappan temple which was less than a km from there. I quickly started walking towards the temple and i was right on time for yet another surprise. It was the golden chariot procession and a special puja.
Lord Oppiliappan
The temple entrance
It certainly felt mind-blowing. I was completely swept with spirituality. I couldn't believe my own eyes. I felt blessed to live through the moments. I went in and sought a good darshan. It was 7p.m and i was munching on the prasadam. That would be my evening snack. I took a bus to kumbakonam from where i made the final bus journey back home. I reached home early next morning by 6a.m and as usual, i slept the entire day. Wow! What a day?!...








1 comment:
yea... mak sure u plan it wel n b blessed wit de visits... :)
Post a Comment