A week after i had visited Alangudi temple, i wanted to make a visit to Thirunallar- to the Lord Shani Bhagvan shrine. This visit would be refined than the previous one as i believe in making things better with experience. This time, the experience roots to the Jupiter's transition in May 2011 and the subsequent happenings and i wanted to seek Shani bhagvan's blessings before he transits in Dec 2011.
Lord Sani Bhagvan
Thirunallar is a little far compared to the distance i'd covered the previous week. Hence, i decided to start early to reach early. Early saturday morning, i started from my house to take the bus to Nagapattinam or Velankanni so that i could directly reach the temple without break journeys.
Little did i know that buses to those two places don't pass through the south suburb's boarding point. Hence, i took a bus to kumbakonam and enquired with the conductor who adviced me to alight at myiladuthurai and proceed to the temple on any bus going to Karaikal. I did the same and once i reached myiladuthurai, i learnt that i had to move to another bus station where the local buses are available. After waiting for half hour, the bus arrived and i managed to find a place to sit and enjoy the fast pace of the bus in the village roads. Seated at the rear end of the bus, i enjoyed the bumpy ride to the temple.
Little did i know that buses to those two places don't pass through the south suburb's boarding point. Hence, i took a bus to kumbakonam and enquired with the conductor who adviced me to alight at myiladuthurai and proceed to the temple on any bus going to Karaikal. I did the same and once i reached myiladuthurai, i learnt that i had to move to another bus station where the local buses are available. After waiting for half hour, the bus arrived and i managed to find a place to sit and enjoy the fast pace of the bus in the village roads. Seated at the rear end of the bus, i enjoyed the bumpy ride to the temple.
The temple entrance
I reached Thirunallar at 6.30p.m. The moment i got down from the bus, i couldn't believe my eyes. I was far from home, all alone, and although i had planned and wished to visit these temples many times, it always happens only when god approves. This is one thing that always keeps me so attached to spirituality. I washed my legs and sprinkled the holy Nala theertham on my head and proceeded towards the temple. I saw a board that read a special puja token can be availed at the temple office counter but the tokens were all sold out for the day. Never mind. I went on to visit the temple deities and perform the necessary puja. I performed archana to Lord Shani Bhagvan, visited the other presiding deities Lord Dharbanyeswarar and Sri Bogamartha Poonmulaiyal. I also got chance to see the abhishekam performed to Lord Dharbanyeswarar.
When i was performing archana, i was told that it is advisable to pay for puja on Sani peyarchi day and an archaka provided me with the details for the same. After making note of the details, i took another chance to see Lord Shani bhagvan by taking the free darshan line. It was time and i knew i had to start. As per the custom, i lit 3 lamps, 1 for, 1 for my dad and 1 for her. Once out of the temple, i decided to have my dinner without any delay. After a sumptuous meal, i took a bus to Karaikal and booked my return ticket just an hour before the journey. By 10p.m, the bus departed from Karaikal, and this time the journey was through the ECR. I had missed on writing "sri rama jayam" while i was in the bus station. I had no other option than to write it while on the moving bus and after an hour, i completed it and all i knew after that was the conductor waking me up after reaching chennai early next morning at 4a.m. I reached home by 6a.m and as ever slept for the entire day. The visit, was at the right time and it helped me free myself from so many doubts, fears, worries and altogether has returned my mental peace.


No comments:
Post a Comment