Here I am, in the terrace, atop the water tank- star gazing as the gentle breeze blows from the nearby forest into the busy concrete jungle. The moon is so shy today, hiding beneath the few clouds that keep moving from nowhere to yet another nowhere. The stars are twinkling as if they are winking and making fun of me looking at them. There is so much of noise down here around me. But, as I look upward, all I can see is darkness but there seems to be so much peace and calm up there. Scientifically, I know I am wrong keeping in mind the storms, meteors, asteroids and every other scary name they give for these objects flying around in space.
The stars that appear so tiny to me and the moon that seems to be the shepherd of all the stars and distant planets that seem to be giving a distinct shine saying that they are not to be mistaken to be stars make me feel spell bound. Down here, I see the towering trees on the forest, covered with darkness and partly by the developing mist- it gives me a feel that even they are at peace as the evening breeze is cooling them and putting them all to sleep after a hot and tiring day.
The lake on the other side seems to have lost its sheen and appears like a barren land except for the reflections that appear as vehicles flash their headlamps accidentally as they take the turn nearby. But, from the it dawns, the lake will regain its sheen and lose it again once dark. The forest looks ugly during the day without any variety in the plantations but now it looks like a bunch of mysterious giants covering up the entire land mass and there is beauty in the spooks they give, I must admit.
Looking at nature and its creations even in the dark has something to offer for admirers. But, this concrete jungle, ugly it looks during the day and much uglier as it refuses to accept the darkness that has surrounded everywhere. It refuses to sleep in peace; it keeps working and working and working only to set off the doom’s day to reach us sooner. There are no calm or serene views here; it doesn’t add to the beauty that nature has offered since ages. It is a complete misfit and is continuing to remain that way.
I strain my eyes to look beyond the horizon to see if I can catch a glimpse of the other side of the world that is enjoying daylight now but end up in vain. I finally end up looking at the light beaming from my laptop’s monitor and to a flashing mobile phone notification and ask myself- What man has made of man? The question doesn’t end there. It keeps developing further into “What is man making for himself?”
A post I made sitting and observing, admiring, critically analyzing the happenings from my terrace as the gentle breeze was trying to calm everything along its path on this young and happening evening.



No comments:
Post a Comment