I was travelling between cities to visit few temples as usual and to finish some routine tasks for the month. By now, it had been a full month without a part of my Life- the lorry. Every time I called, the lorry's trusted mechanics were busy and had been delaying delivery. But, when I called this morning, they confirmed me that the lorry will be ready in few hours and I can see it come to life again by evening. A month ago, when the engine died at high speeds, I felt something go away from me. I felt it coming back to me only after hearing the word from this guy. I was excited for the evening.
The day went quite faster than usual. I reached the service centre to see the lorry get ready. The trusted team were sweating their way through to finish all the work. But, they did not crank the engine until I arrived. Upon asking, they said "Since you consider the vehicle so special, we are waiting for you to be here when we bring it back to Life. You should hear the horn now". And, he smiled and went on with the work.
The first crank was made. And, the walls of the closed space made the feeling much more special when I heard the engine roar back to Life. But, it was only short-lived before the lorry stalled.
Mechanic: Bring me the starter.
*Uses another battery to aid in better cranking and the engine starts*
Me: Wow! This place looks like a medical emergency centre and you are the Doctor.
Mechanic: Maybe. I could not become a Doctor to heal humans. Let me bring these dear engines to Life.
The engine's beat felt a lot more throaty and angrier than before. It was like brand new. And, the horn was deafening now. It was rivalling the horns of bigger vehicles. It was time to put all the left over body parts together and get the lorry ready for its long journey back home.
It was time for the trial run of the revived lorry. The mechanic does the first trial and comes to me and gives the key saying,
Mechanic: You can ride it once and check the vehicle.
Me: You have tested it and worked on it. If you are satisfied with the lorry, I am willing to return home with it.
Mechanic: Still, you can ride it.
Me: I have trusted you guys and brought the lorry from 200+Kms using tow vehicles not to do trials by myself. I trust your word. So, if you certify the vehicle to be safe for the journey, I will take it home now.
Mechanic: Alright then. Call me anytime if you face any issues.
The moment I took delivery of the lorry, I was so excited to take it to my Lady Love. But, first I decided to take it to the nearby temple to get it blessed and to the nearby fuel station to refuel. All set. It was the hour I had been waiting for. There was still a temple pending and this temple visit is accompanied by something special which is well known to Bubbles \(^_^)/
It felt so nice to take the lorry to my Lady Love. Now, all that was left was to take up the return journey over night. Since the engine was overhauled, I had to ride it with more care. I had not even crossed the city limits, the lorry stalled on the bypass giving high coolant temperature warning. Her trusted mechanics were awake till midnight and adviced me to take certain precautions to ride back without such hiccups and asked me to stay in touch at any part of the night for assistance. I knew the journey would last till dawn and I would often sulk if it was a slow ride. But, tonight it was so exciting. The more time I spent on the saddle, it was so fulfilling. The note of the engine gave a lot of strength and I felt so amazed as to how a machine can stir so much emotions.
Half way through, the rains caught up. It felt so special. But, it made my journey all the more challenging. The spray from the heavy vehicles and the rain water made visibility a challenge with myself riding without a helmet and all I had was only my rain wear.
I had to stop frequently to wash my face and take rest because the slower I ride this lorry, the more fatigue sets in. These machines are built to be running at a pace but tonight was not the time for pace. It was more of riding gentle. Hence, for every toll plaza I had to stop and relax myself. With rain continuing all the way, I was enjoying this long ride back home. Sometimes I was laughing at myself because I normally cover 3Kms in a minute but today it was like a journey taking forever.
I was gradually climbing up and the elevation was so high from sea level that the early morning temperatures were so freezing. It made work easy for the lorry but I was almost shivering in the cold. I had almost 100 more Kms to reach home. Since I had a speed limit to keep up, I found warmth by following heavy vehicles that were chugging along with their exhaust fumes providing the warmth to ride through the cold ghat section.
I could see the sun peeping through the horizon and I was entering the city now. Before the dreaded traffic catches up, I had almost reached home. My Mom calls me soon after she hears the lorry roaring into the parking lot. More than welcoming me, it was like welcoming this hero back to its lair. I am sure Mom felt better after hearing the lorry come home safe instead of being sold. Later that day, I kept answering positively to all those enthusiasts about the return of the lorry. This included a call to her trusted mechanics who worked so well to keep her in full form for the past three years.
Babe, the lorry is back home. I did not want it to be a scene from RX100 just as you had mentioned. In few days, I will know the exact future of the lorry. Bubbles \(^_^)/ , it is once again the women power that has saved the day. -rPhoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment