Today I might be trampled upon because I am younger in age. But, according to nature's rule, everyone ages upwards. In that way, I will grow older and those who trampled upon me shall wind up all their trampling and sit down finally unable to stand one fine day. That day is not too far as I see. I persist to exist at least till then. I will show them how it felt to be trampled upon. For, they did not joke when they said "every dog has its day". I would be grateful to be termed a dog for that matter. One such dog was born 14 years ago and it changed my Life all the way till her last breath. Today, it is Daffney's Birthday and she was also a dog. I do not mind being a dog if I get to get my day.
Now, I am in a state of confusion if I should continue in the tone of trampling them one fine day or to talk about the greatness of my pet. Since today marks her Birth Anniversary, I would like to talk about her. As for the trampling, I will burn the fire inside till my day arrives. So, she was born 14 years ago. She lived the best of her Life during her full span of 12 years. And, it has been two full years since she left us.
Always remembered as my first baby, she went on to become much more than just a mere pet or a baby. In many ways, she has proven how animals can be so humane but, humans with one sense up are still behind them in many aspects. Like, she never gave me any word as such to stay with me through her Life but she did so. Today she is not with me because of meeting her fate after living her full span which the almighty limits to everyone as such. I have seen people who give their word to stay but will abandon leaving aside all the treasured moments and hugging only the few bitter moments that occur in between. At this juncture I want to scream into your ears tearing into your ear drums, "What/who the heck is 100% perfect in this world that you chose to do this to me?". Well, that question is to you and not Daff.
Playlist for tonight:
1. Thene thenpandi meene from Udhaya Geetham
2. Malayoram veesum kaatru from Paadu Nilave
3. Nilaave vaa from Mouna Ragam
4. Keladi Kanmani from Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal
5. Idhayam oru Kovil from Idhaya Kovil
6. Mandram Vandha thendralukku from Mouna Ragam
7. Karpoora Bommai ondru from Keladi Kanmani
I know these songs are old but the lyrics contain what Life actually does to us or demands from us or what we desire out of our Lives. I know you do not prefer old songs. But, if you do want to check these songs out, you will have to keep a close ear to the lyrics and the meaning in them. Anyway, your wish as ever. Maybe you will listen to it until you wish and then if you find something stinging bitter, you will abandon it mid-way.
I never kept Daffney chained or tied to a leash. She was always free to go anywhere she wanted. Even when I took her for walks, we used to walk without any rope or chains. She was so free that she still felt no need to run away and rather stay with me all the time. And, that is from a dog which has only 5 senses. She simply never abandoned me. It was me who would go on biking trips and still she would stay awake until I return. I, for my part made almost all my trips one day trips for this reason. The first one to receive me the moment I open the door would be Daff. Whether I came early or late, whether she saw me capable or incapable, whether I fed her or starved her, she always would stand there so eager to come to me wagging her tail and jump and stand tall next to me. Nothing matters when you witness such limitless and unadulterated Love.
She never had tears in her eyes right through the 12 years she lived with me. And, even when her last days made her legs so weak, she allowed only me to take care of her. And, that is why I was gifted to hold her in my arms when she took her last breath. This bonding still lasts. Her physical remains might have been gone. But, our souls are intertwined forever. It is just that my soul has not been liberated yet from this physical remains. Once done, I am sure I will meet her and play like usual. *Playing "Gladiator theme- Now we are free" by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard*
It was Daff who taught me that Love should never involve any materialistic expectations or any expectations at all from each other. Ah, we humans. If we propose to each other, the next step is to calculate how capable one is against the other and all the crap starts to get loose. What else will the result be other than a sh!t show? These pets, they teach us what true love is. Maybe if you had the tolerance to take care of Baby, you would have learnt about all these as well. But, you chose to simply give away. You would call it circumstances but I had my circumstances as well. I gave up my chance to migrate to Canada and I quit my job when Daff needed me. Tolerance is what it takes ultimately. Maybe you lack it. Or, maybe it was circumstances as such. Or, maybe you did not get sizeable years with Baby to learn all these. I do not want to go into that.
Right from the start to the end of the post, I have been confused between what to write about. I would have made an epic about Daff because I always have content for her and about her. But, it is the trampling that I faced that is keeping me so angered and frustrated in anything and everything I do. I take this as a sign that my day is arriving soon. Until I trample in a similar fashion or until I give back all that I have been burdened with, I cannot be normal. Myself, the dog will get my day soon. You continue sitting like a stone without giving me a hint or anything. -rPhoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment