Into our trip for the second day, we had decided that we would extend it by another day and keep one day for our return journey to Bengaluru and drive back home with few hours of rest in between. My threshold is 1300Kms of nonstop driving in 20 hours and I knew this return journey was less than 1000Kms to drive back home and it was well within my threshold given the few hours of sleep I can get in between. It was one full day in water, then two and then three full days of playing in the water and only water. The evidence for the same can be seen in the tanning that we have acquired.
Bubbles \(^_^)/, before we get into the final part of the Escapade series, let me take you through the pictures of our Goan expedition.
 |
| Panoramic view from the resort |
 |
| Erosion through the Laterite |
 |
| Random click |
 |
| Experimenting the Depth of field mode |
 |
| A relaxing evening view |
 |
| Reflections- of the past into the present |
 |
| Beautiful resort |
 |
| All set for the evening |
 |
| A room with a view |
 |
| Low light photography |
 |
| Bubbles \(^_^)/, reminds me of our candle light dinner plan |
 |
| Colourful in party mode |
 |
| And, the sun sets... |
During the three full days of stay in the resort, time was spent on staying in the water from dawn to dusk. Although shopping and sight-seeing was in the cards for others, I chose to stay back and spend time with the waves, colours and remaining floating in neck-deep water and thinking about the happenings in Life and the like. Loved clicking pictures in low light and during sun set. After three full days, it was finally time to start the return journey.
The plan was to start by dawn and drive back in broad daylight so that everyone could enjoy the scenic highways this part of the country offers. We managed to rest well and start by 9:30 A.M on the 6th of May and drove through the ghats and completed it to get rid of the slightest fear of getting stranded. After reaching safe territory, we stopped for a quick refuelling and were all set to make it to Bengaluru.
After covering sizeable distance, we stopped for lunch almost by late afternoon and had a sumptuous meal although I had to keep myself satisfied with "safe" food to stick to items friendly for driving. In a couple of hours, we had covered nearly 200Kms and were almost in the vicinity of Bengaluru. By late evening, we were still shy of another 150Kms and the traffic started to slow us down. We somehow managed to reach Bengaluru by 11P.M, thanks to all the traffic.
I skipped dinner and took a quick nap and a long one indeed that lasted till 5A.M. We had to start before dawn and reach home so that nothing gets disturbed in the work schedule for others. It was the final leg of this long journey that started 10 days ago. All I had to do was, drive nonstop at triple digit speeds to reach home and then I could afford to relax. Just as planned, we had started by 6A.M and reached the outskirts of the city by 9:30A.M. Yes, my fastest time between these cities till date.
*Winks* All in all, a much needed escapade and everything shaped up to be safe and sane in the end.
Bubbles \(^_^)/, I hope you enjoyed this series. We have now documented this 10 day long, 3000+Kms of travel in just three posts. Now, it is back to the tasks in hand and the routine. One moment for the coincidence that I have noticed. I see that my travels are increasing manifold upon arrival of the full moon. After December 2nd, it has been consecutive full moons that have kept me so occupied in travelling. The full moons of Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and now even May!
*Shocked and Philosoraptor mode on* Awaiting the next full moon to see the trend. I hope your preparation is almost done. And, there goes my anxiety levels rocketing high. -
rPhoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment