When I question people, they look at "what" is being thrown at them in that question. But, what really matters is, "why" is it being thrown at them in that question". Not just in the questions that I ask people, in any question that we face, it is always wise to look at the "why" than the "what". This is one valuable lesson I have picked up after few lessons in Life. It actually happened after many hard lessons and one priceless chapter from a book.
What happens if you look at the "what" in the question? And, what happens if you look at the "why" in the question? Have you even bothered to wonder about this? In today's world, where people are so fond to abandon Love and emotions in place for money and materialistic pleasures, I doubt if there would be any of them who would have wondered about it. I mean, any of my readers and I do not intend to say only I have been enlightened to look at the "why".
It can be done to any random question that finds its way to us. But, where this really matters is when the question is directed personally. If it affects you personally, then looking at the "why" helps resolve the cause for such question to arise. And, if you look at the "what", yes, we will be sitting like how we are sitting today, simply staring at the screen and reading this post instead of spending time in person. So, you asked me, "Are you happy now?" in that last phone call. Now, I ask you "Are you happy now?" for, you kept looking only at the "what" and got mad and angry and took everything personally even if it had nothing to do with you. Oh, did I throw a question at you? Try the "why" instead of "what" and you will find the answer.
To look at the "why", you need this ability to view things from a neutral standpoint and the first and foremost thing to do is to not immediately take in the question. Do not absorb everything so fast. Do some basic analysis like questioning the question itself. And, when you question the question, start with "why" and end with "what" if you cannot part with always seeing the "what" in every question. In that way, at least the chances of conflict arising would be reduced.
When you look at things from a neutral standpoint and when you look at the "why" initially instead of the "what", you will begin to answer questions to the point and also learn more about yourself as to why such avenues are created for questions to arise alike. Once this has been taken care of, every conversation will be a discussion and you will even look at arguments as mere discussions. If you nod your head in acceptance, well and good. We have learnt something in this period of silence. If you shake your head in denial, read this post after you learn the lesson the hard way to make more sense.
I ask you if you are happy or not because, just look for yourself as to what you have made out of me. As you keep posing and posting in social media, I am here typing out all that was misunderstood because of this "what" in every question. Oh, you ask why I care to type it out? Heck, no one else has and I know that as well. You will find people giving "Likes" and "Comments" in social media but not Life lessons to make us better beings. In fact, not just in questions, in every statement people make at us, we can analyse the "why" instead of the "what" to make things better.
The "What" and "Why" in anything and everything can make a whole world of difference. Try it. Explore and discover things in Life. Do not sit like a stone when it comes to learning these crucial lessons for Life. You will not suffocate and die if you hesitate to learn. You will still exist and clear your days but the "Quality of Life" will take a hit. There are very few posts I can create in a matter of minutes. This is one of them. And, such posts happen when the pent up emotions bursts out like a Volcano without warning. If it hurts, let it. If it does not prick, well and good. Live in the "why" and not the "what". -rPhoenix
No comments:
Post a Comment